I don’t know about you, but I am a huge fan of novelty purses. It’s one of the accessories that I always have with me. Probably because since all I wear is dresses, I don’t typically have pockets to hold my things. Novelty handbags are also a fantastic way to take the quirkiness of an outfit up a few notches. Let me know what your favorite novelty handbags are in the comments. Here are my current favorites.
1) I’ve been following Jump From Paper for years now. Ever since it was just their “Cheese!” Bag. Honestly, I can’t believe I still haven’t gotten one of their purses.
2) This adorable Pony Clutch from Lovelelify comes in three different pastel colors! So incredibly cute and would look great as a super girly accessory to a big fluffy dress.
3) Betsy Johnson is another designer I can always depend on for a good novelty bag. Besides just the Betsy Johnson website, check ModCloth and Dillards for some of her older ones. My current favorites from her newest line include the Alarm Clock purse, the Diva Crossbody, and this incredibly 90’s Daisies purse.
4) The Sleepyville Critter purses are always on ModCloth. What I don’t understand is why they haven’t added this octopus one! There was also an otter one that I saw but can’t seem to find anymore.
5) If money was no object, then this bow purse is the purse I’d want. Luckily for me it’s sold out already so I can now try to put it out of my mind.
6) This house is pretty cute, and I love the details. It’d be a fun purse for a candy themed outfit or perhaps one that plays on a fairytale. I don’t know why but it just says Hansel and Gretel to me.
7) Got Milk? I don’t know why I like this purse so much. I guess because it’s random and different. Plus the colors are some of my favorite. I found this purse on GoJane, but I know I also saw it on a smaller indie shop. If you happen to see it, let me know!
8) Kate Spade’s purse game is always on point. Between this fabulous frog bag, the flower pot crossbody, and this sheep clutch. There’s a lot to choose from on the Kate Spade site. Ultimately though, my favorite is this beautiful watering can bag.
10) Last but not least, for my geeky ladies, the R2D2 purse. It looks pretty big and is probably a dream to clean. Perfect bag to take to a convention or wear it with your favorite Luke Skywalker shirt.
Besides ModCloth, Dillards, Amazon and the brand’s website, other places I’ve seen selling novelty purses include Nasty Gal, ASOS, H&M, Go Jane, Aldo, Kling, Spree Picky, My Lolita Dress, Accessorize and Echo Club House. Be sure to comment below and let me know where you’ve scored your favorite novelty handbag.
If a new novelty purse isn’t in the cards at the moment, have you thought about making one? After all, this is a DIY inspiration blog. I love this tutorial for Betsy Johnson’s Telephone bag from Annika Victoria of Make, Thrift, Buy.
Lastly, you can’t be part of the novelty handbags club without an official badge.